Dr. Wendy Tao is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor who has been practicing for over 9 years. She is a primary care provider who diagnoses, treats acute and chronic health conditions, and focuses on preventative medicine. She completed her medical training at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine (BINM) and has a Bachelor of Science from the University of Alberta.
With a focus in naturopathic and aesthetic medicine, Dr. Tao bridges the gap between the two by using the body’s innate ability to achieve optimal health and aging gracefully.
Naturopathic modalities used by Dr. Tao may include clinical nutrition and lifestyle coaching, vitamins & supplements, herbal medicine, homeopathy, prescription medications, intravenous (IV) nutrient and chelation therapy including iron infusions, and functional lab and nutrigenomic testing.
Integrative aesthetic services offered by Dr. Tao include neuromodulators (Botox®| Dysport® | Nuceiva™), fillers (Teosyal® | Restylane® | Stylage®) injections, and PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) for face rejuvenation and hair restoration.
Dr. Tao offers general practice with particular focus on:
• Environmental medicine (detoxification of environmental toxins)
• Chemical & food sensitivity
• Women’s health including menstrual irregularities, endometriosis, fibroids, yeast infections, breast health, PMS, PCOS, dysmenorrhea
• Peri-Menopause & Menopause including hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, mood imbalances, fatigue, bone health, poor memory, and low libido
• Adrenal insufficiency/fatigue for stress management
• Digestive disorders include indigestion, acid reflux, IBS, gas, chronic bloating, colitis, diarrhea, and constipation
• Sleep disorders
• Metabolic conditions (diabetes and insulin resistance, weight loss and management, hypo- or hyperthyroidism)
• Dermal fillers, cosmetic and therapeutic Botox injections (e.g., TMJ, hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), migraines headaches, fines lines & wrinkles, and volume loss)
Dr. Tao has advanced injectables certification in Botulinum and dermal fillers from CBAM (Canadian Board of Aesthetic Medicine). She is certified in cosmetic and therapeutic neuromodulators, and dermal fillers injection by Dr. Alibhai at MD Cosmetics.
Dr. Tao is in good standing with the College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia (CNPBC) with the following certifications:
• Prescriptive Authority
• IV & Chelation
• Aesthetic Procedures – Cosmetic botulinum toxin
• Botulinum toxin: medical/non-aesthetic
• Aesthetic Procedures – Injectable fillers
• Aesthetic Procedures – PRP injections to the face and other skin areas for aesthetic purposes
• Ozone and Oxidative Therapies
She is also a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND) and the British Columbia Naturopathic Association (BCNA).
Dr. Tao has authored several articles on natural health topics, and has co-authored a cookbook titled “Authentic Chinese Smart Carb Cookbook. She has also presented at various conferences and continuing education seminars. She is fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
She is a life-long learner and constantly learning new treatment modalities, and going to conferences to keep her knowledge and skills current. She also enjoys teaching and giving back to the profession. She is a teaching assistant of the College (CNPBC) approved Aesthetic PRP Injection Training course.
When not working at the clinic, she can be found hiking on trails around the Lower Mainland or appreciating gourmet food with friends.